(I just got cancer) Chemotherapy and Weakness
Chemotherapy and weakness seem to be a daily adventure for me. I am on my week off after just finishing cycle four of chemotherapy last week. I am still weak and fatigue easily. I continue to be anemic, and am still pending results of a urinalysis for a possible bladder infection. As I mentioned in my last blog, it is important to check your temperature daily as a fever is a sign of an infection. Weakness and body malaise are part of the chemotherapy treatment, but its the anemia along with low red blood cells, and low white cells that really do me in.
I got out of the house today and tagged along with my daughter to do errands. Getting in and out of the car is good exercise, event though it wares me out. We all have to do our best monitor our weakness and combat it with exercise. The catch there is the exercise is also exhausting. I am really forcing myself to stay out of bed this last week. It is a daily challenge to get myself up and put on come clothes.
In light of my depression, I am constantly working at believing I will be well and we will get financial assistance. My children are working at their perspective jobs and taking turns taking care of me 24/7. When one is already in trouble financially and then you get cancer and need treatment, the challenges of life grow significantly.
I have been blessed with my food program though and had a wonderful meal tonight. I included baked salmon with lemon, rosemary and onion. Mashed sweet potato and green beans with grilled eggplant. I was delicious! Remember to check with your oncologist about meal programs in your area.
Keep on going and smile as much as you can,
- Finished Cycle Four Of Chemotherapy (ijustgotcancer.wordpress.com)
- Chemotherapy and Bladder Infections (ijustgotcancer.wordpress.com)
- Physical Therapy While On Chemotherapy (ijustgotcancer.wordpress.com)
- Started My Fourth Round Of Chemotherapy (ijustgotcancer.wordpress.com)
- About To Start Cycle Three Of Chemotherapy (ijustgotcancer.wordpress.com)
- Day 61-65: Rough Week Fighting Cancer And Treatment (ijustgotcancer.wordpress.com)
- Days 68-72- Chemo, Low White and Red Blood Cells Wiping Me Out (ijustgotcancer.wordpress.com)
- Three Days Into Cycle Three Of Chemotherapy (ijustgotcancer.wordpress.com)