I finally finished cycle four of chemotherapy. I have been under so much stress from my health to finances that it has been a very challenging cycle. I feel like I am being challenged every day. I have had to work very hard at keeping myself positive and that has not been easy. Being positive in my outlook is extremely important and I realize my health comes first, but not having our mortgage payment this month is freaking me and my family out! My children have been checking into programs, but we have not had any luck. “Somehow our mortgage will get paid, somehow our mortgage will get paid, somehow our mor-gage will get paid.”
My daughter was able to get us an organization that is a food program to help patients with have cancer and are on chemotherapy. It is a meal donation program that is in my local area. If you have cancer and are reading this, ask your Oncologist if there are any meal assistance programs in your area. We are so grateful for this help as it is healthy meals prepared with cancer fighting foods. I also is a way to teach you how to learn to eat right now and for the rest of your life. I had butternut squash that was topped with ground chicken, tabouli and garbanzo beans. I also had a kale salad. It was very good.
As far as my health, I am doing well with treatment except for the usual anemia, low red blood cells and low white blood cells. I had to take neulasta again to build my white blood cells again. I am still anemic, but not low enough for blood, so I am taking iron. I still feel very weak, but have been doing as much exercise as possible. I still do my best to consume up to 12 glasses of water, tea or juice. Green tea is very good against fighting cancer. I also drink Odwalla super green food, carrot juice, orange juice and lots of water.
Well, I am going to keep the faith that somehow our mortgage will get paid and I will keep working through my chemotherapy. I will survive. We will all be strong together.
- Chemo Complications And A Trip To The ER (ijustgotcancer.wordpress.com)
- Physical Therapy While On Chemotherapy (ijustgotcancer.wordpress.com)
- About To Start Cycle Three Of Chemotherapy (ijustgotcancer.wordpress.com)
- Day 61-65: Rough Week Fighting Cancer And Treatment (ijustgotcancer.wordpress.com)
- Had My Second Chemo Dose of Cycle Three (ijustgotcancer.wordpress.com)
- Finished Cycle Three of Chemo (ijustgotcancer.wordpress.com)
- Chemotherapy for Pancreatic Cancer (cancercenter.com)
- Liver Cancer Chemotherapy (cancercenter.com)