(I just go cancer) Had my second chemo dose of cycle three
Yesterday I had my second dose of chemo of cycle three. I am almost half way into my treatment. I as very concerned what the chemo did to my blood counts. My hemoglobin dropped down by 2 points which is not great as it is below normal. My white blood cells and red blood cells also dropped below normal. I got to see my Oncologist and he told me this is normal and from the chemotherapy drugs. He said not to worry and next time I will probably get my aransp to increase my red blood cells and my neulasta to increase my white blood cells. He is hopeful that I may not need blood.
I did get some wonderful news…My tumor markers (CA-125) dropped to 15 which is in the normal range. This is an excellent sign that treatment is working. I am so grateful! Now I need to keep positive and not stress that I feel weak. It is expected when my hemoglobin keeps dropping with the chemotherapy.
Tonight I am actually getting ready to prepare Quiche. I am going to make it full of vegetables to fight off cancer. It will be a bit of a challenge to cook, but I am going to see how I do. My daughter will help me. Now remember, shiitake mushrooms, onions, kale, spinach, broccoli, zucchini and carrots are all very healthy. I will be using all these great veggies tonight.
I am telling the universe I am going to be well and money will come. I know it is an up and down hill in life, but I can do this. “I can do this, I can do this, I can do this”.
Smile all you can and believe in yourself,
- Struggling With Chemotherapy And Depression (ijustgotcancer.wordpress.com)
- Started Cycle Three Of Chemotherapy (ijustgotcancer.wordpress.com)
- Day 47- Another Good Day And Enjoying It Before Chemo Tomorrow (ijustgotcancer.wordpress.com)
- Day 41& 42-Ended Up In The Hospital After Chemotherapy (ijustgotcancer.wordpress.com)
- Days 68-72- Chemo, Low White and Red Blood Cells Wiping Me Out (ijustgotcancer.wordpress.com)
- ‘Chemo Brain’ After Breast Cancer Backed by Study (news.health.com)
- How Can I Build White Blood Cells During Chemotherapy? (everydayhealth.com)